Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! To keep that holiday spirit, here is a healthy tasty recipe that the family will surely love. We know it can be easy to indulge yourself while being surrounded by family. Nevertheless, this curry spiced stuffed sweet potato recipe can fill two sweet potatoes making this the tastiest healthy dinner inside of a baked sweet potato!
Turmeric-Yogurt Sauce Ingredients
- Make the filling: While the sweet potatoes bake, spread the chickpeas on a separate baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil & pinches of salt & pepper, & roast for 25 minutes or until golden brown & crispy around the edges. Remove the chickpeas from the oven & while they are still hot, toss them with the curry powder. Set aside until ready to use.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, turmeric, & salt. Chill until ready to use.
- Just before the sweet potatoes are done, place the kale leaves into the oven on the same baking sheet & cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted. Remove, chop, & set aside.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven & let cool slightly. Slice a wedge lengthwise in each potato & remove to make space for the filling. Stuff with some of the chickpeas, the chopped kale, & the cilantro. Top with a scoop of sauce & serve with the remaining sauce on the side.
- Save extra chickpeas for snacking.