Slow Cooked Chicken Teriyaki SandwichPosted by Mark Dowd on
Now that Thanksgiving is out of the way we are back to the regularly scheduled programming! It’s time to dust off that old slow cooker of yours & put it to good use. You will not be able to stop thinking about this recipe once you try it. Read this week's Wellness Wednesday article on our website to get a taste!
3 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
1 Cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 Cups pineapple juice
1/2 Cup rice vinegar
1/4 Cup honey
1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 Teaspoon minced fresh garlic
24 Hawaiian sweet rolls or 12 hamburger buns
Sliced, marinated avocados with red pepper flakes
Thinly sliced pineapple rings
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a bowl whisk the soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, ginger & garlic.
- Pour over the chicken & place lid on slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is very tender & can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Shred all of the chicken and let stand before serving so it can absorb more of the sauce.
- Split the Hawaiian sweet rolls in half.
- Place a spoonful of the teriyaki chicken on the bottom half of the roll.
- Top with a little coleslaw and slices of cucumber, avocados and pineapple
- Tags: Diet and Nutrition, Healthy, Recipe
← Older Post Newer Post →