Chickpea Crust PizzaPosted by Ben Tiffany on
Friday night is pizza night. Stay true to your diet by creating this easy chickpea pizza recipe.
Prep Time: 10-15 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
Serves: 4 People
- 8 oz can tomato sauce or 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Sea salt/pepper
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Provolone or Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz chicken sausage or whatever topping you prefer (cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Tomato Sauce: While using a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat while adding the garlic and onions and saute for 5 minutes while seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat until the sauce thickens. (About 15-20 minutes)
- Crust: While sauce is cooking, whisk together chickpea flour, garlic, salt and 2/3 cup of water. Heat the olive oil on medium heat and pour dough into a pan. Cook dough for approximately 3 minutes. Flip the crust and cook on opposite side for another 3 minutes.Transfer crust to a baking sheet.
- Once the sauce is finished, transfer it to a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pizza Topping: Spread a thin or thick layer (whichever you prefer) over the crust. Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce over the crust leaving about a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle on your cheese of choice, covering the sauce. Place toppings on top of pizza.
- Bake until the cheese is melted which is usually about 10-15 minutes.
- Tags: 5 Reasons, Achy joints, Age, anxiety, appetite, appreciation, aroma, arthritis, Arthritis pain, Arthritis Relief, autoimmune disease, Balance, bingeing, blueberries, Body, Bones, brain, Breakfast, calcium, Calories, candy, cardiovascular, chocolate, Christmas, chronic illness, chronic pain, clean eating, coffee, cold therapy, Connect, detox, diet, Diet and Nutrition, digestion, do well be well, eating, eating habits, elbows, Energy, energy makeover, environment, essential oils, Excercise, exercise, fad diet, family, feet, Fitness, Fitness Friday, flu, fluids, Food, foot, fruit, Generosity, ginger, gym, halitosis, Halloween, hand, happiness, Health, health benefits, health foods, Healthy, Healthy Thanksgiving Dinner, heart, Heart Health, Heart Month, Herbal remedies, Holiday, Holidays, hot therapy, injuries, Joint inflammation, joint pain, joints, kindness, knees, lactose, Lend a Helping Hand, less plastic, lifestyle, medicine, meditation, mental health, Mindfulness, minerals, mistletoe, moist heat therapy, mood, motivation, mug, NatraCure, Natracure Blog, natural, new year, night, November, numbness, nutrients, nutrition, Omega-3 fats, On-the-go, Outside, pain, Pain Management, planet health, plastic, positivity, pounds, RA, Recipe, Recipes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Routine, running, Salad, Science of Wellness, sleep, smoothies, sore throat, soreness, Spinal Fusion, stress, sugar, supplements, symptoms, Tamilee Webb, tea, thankful, Therapies, therapy, Tips, tips & tricks, vegetables, vitamins, Walking, Water, Weight, weight loss, Weightloss, wellness, Wellness Kitchen, Winter, Winter SAD, Women, workout, Workspace, yogurt
← Older Post Newer Post →