Friday night is pizza night. Stay true to your diet by creating this easy chickpea pizza recipe.
Prep Time: 10-15 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
Serves: 4 People
- 8 oz can tomato sauce or 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Sea salt/pepper
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Provolone or Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz chicken sausage or whatever topping you prefer (cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Tomato Sauce: While using a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat while adding the garlic and onions and saute for 5 minutes while seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat until the sauce thickens. (About 15-20 minutes)
- Crust: While sauce is cooking, whisk together chickpea flour, garlic, salt and 2/3 cup of water. Heat the olive oil on medium heat and pour dough into a pan. Cook dough for approximately 3 minutes. Flip the crust and cook on opposite side for another 3 minutes.Transfer crust to a baking sheet.
- Once the sauce is finished, transfer it to a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pizza Topping: Spread a thin or thick layer (whichever you prefer) over the crust. Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce over the crust leaving about a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle on your cheese of choice, covering the sauce. Place toppings on top of pizza.
- Bake until the cheese is melted which is usually about 10-15 minutes.