Stop right there! We know you’re thinking about what want for dinner later. Cilantro lime chicken is the easy, tasty, and healthy way to go for the relaxing night you deserve.
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Tsp cumin
1/2 Tsp salt
Freshly cracked pepper
2 Limes, divided
1/2 Bunch cilantro, divided
6 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1.5 to 1.75 lbs. total)
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper (about 10 cranks of a pepper mill) in a small bowl.
- Zest one of the limes and then squeeze the juice. You'll need 2-3 Tbsp juice, so if needed, juice half of the second lime. Cut the remaining lime into wedges to garnish the chicken once cooked. Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Add 1 tsp of the lime zest, 2-3 Tbsp of the lime juice, and half of the chopped cilantro to the marinade. Stir to combine. (The remaining cilantro will be added fresh after cooking the chicken.)
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish or a large zip top bag. Add the marinade and toss the chicken to coat. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours (refrigerated), turning it once or twice as it marinates.
- When ready to cook the chicken, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until well browned and cooked through. My chicken had enough of an oil coating from the marinade that I did not need to add any extra to the skillet.
- Top the cooked chicken with fresher cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve with any extra lime wedges.