You won’t want to miss this recipe for your dinner plans. This week on your menu is Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Lettuce Wraps.
For the sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1½ tablespoon sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin
2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
1½ teaspoon sesame oil
For the filling
2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
Smithfield applewood bacon pork loin filet
½ Medium cucumber
1 Head butter lettuce
1 Cup long-grain white rice
½ Teaspoon salt
- Begin by combining all the ingredients for the sauce together. Stir it all together until it's well combined, then set aside. You'll be using this sauce throughout the cooking process.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil over medium heat in a larger skillet that's oven safe. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the Smithfield Applewood Bacon Pork Loin Filet from the packaging. Cut the pork loin filet in half lengthwise, then add it to the pan when the oil has warmed completely.
- Spoon about 3-4 tablespoons of the sauce over the pork loin. Sear the meat on each side (about 8 minutes total), adjusting the bacon toppings as needed.
- Once the pork has been seared on all sides, pile all the bacon crumbles back on top & put it in the preheated oven setting the timer for 10 minutes.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid
- Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and serve.
- Remove the pork loin from the oven & insert a meat thermometer to be sure the internal temperature is between 145-160 degrees. If so, allow the meat to sit for another three minutes.
- Once the meat has cooled sufficiently, begin to cut into slices, then dice it into small pieces.
- Add the diced pork & the cooked bacon crumbles to the pan. Spoon in another 1-2 tablespoons of sauce.
- Carefully scoop the filling into the butter lettuce leaves. Top with cilantro, sliced cucumbers, a little rice & a few squeezes of lime. Serve with the remaining sauce.