SERVINGS: 4 PEOPLE | AUTHOR: Eat Well
- 1 pound (450g) raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons softened butter, or ghee, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken or vegetable stock(or white wine)
- Hot sauce of your choice, to taste (we used Sriracha)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer or julienne peeler and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimps get slightly browned.
- Add the chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook the other side. Transfer the shrimp to a shallow plate.
- In the same pan, add remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the zucchini noodlesand cook until done, about 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow the sauce to reduce a bit if it’s too watery. Add the grilled shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately with lemon slices, extra parsley, and pepper. Enjoy!
Notes: Sometimes, zucchini tends to render some water while cooking, so you can sprinkle zucchini pasta with salt and let sit in a colander while you’re cooking shrimp. Press with your hands to remove excess water; then rinse and drain thoroughly before adding to the pan.